Bernard Quad is located in the centre of the School. During the early days of Westville High School, this was the site that hosted school assemblies until the school hall was built in 1965.
Today Bernard Quad is a place of reflection. In amongst palm trees stand three memorial walls that remember past pupils, staff, friends and benefactors of the School who have passed on. Each year in the week leading up to the annual Old Boys’ Weekend, the Quad is the venue for an annual memorial service.
This quad is named after the Bernard Family, who donated the land on which WBHS stands today. A memorial in one corner of the Bernard Quad remembers this generous donation by the Bernard family. The granite memorial contains an etching of the home of the Bernard Family that previously stood on the site, and an etching of the school badge of the Westville Government School, the junior school that was located on the site before Westville High School first opened its doors in 1955. This memorial was unveiled in 2000 by Mrs Pat Stockhill, who taught at the Westville Government School.