OUR SPORTING PHILOSOPHY
We believe in the value of sport-for-all, career opportunities in Sport, and the positive influence of Sport on enhancing academic performance, emotional intelligence and resilience. We promote full participation, fair play, sportsmanship, commitment, teamwork, collaboration, resilience and year-on-year progression in the physical and inter-personal skills of our sportsmen. We also commit to tailoring our academic support, teaching and coaching programmes to the needs of high-performance sportsmen.
Official sports offered
Time tabled sports
An integrated timetable was instituted in 2001. Sports periods, as distinct from Physical Education periods, are incorporated into the timetable, thereby ensuring the provision of sport to every boy in the School.
Skills-based training, under supervision of especially selected coaches, is conducted in the time-tabled sports periods.
Implementation of a conditioning period where each boy is assessed physically and his normative, social and emotional development monitored.
Sports experts are appointed as technical advisors to provide support to the School’s coaches and to assist in keeping up with modern developments in the various sporting codes.
Age-group practices are conducted in the afternoon to focus on team-work and team-skills.
Elite squads are chosen across age-groups for specialized training by experts in order to nurture above average talent.
Professional sport coaches and advisors
ATHLETICS & CROSS COUNTRY
- Marlize Hayward – Former Comrades Medalist
- Demi Botha – SA Senior Championships Gold Medalist, currently ranked no 2 in South Africa
- Byron Tucker – KZN Schools u13, u16 & u18 Coach & Selector
- Mornantau Hayward – Former Proteas Player
OUTDOOR & INDOOR HOCKEY
- Cameron Mackay – KZN Raiders & PHL Maropeng Cavemen & KZN Coastals u18A & u16A
RUGBY & RUGBY 7’S
- Jeremy McLaren – KZN Craven Week Head Coach
- Njabulo Zulu – Former Lions Academy Week Coach & Current KZN u16 Grant Khomo Manager
- Waylon Murray – Former Springbok
- Dieter Kriese – Former SA 7’s Springbok
- Kingsley Jollands – Former Real Kings Football in the National First Division
- Pam Hayward – Former SA Women’s Golfer
- Charmaine Baker – SA Masters Squash
- Brad Rowe
- Craig Bartholomew
- Rowena Saunders – Professional Coach
- Charles Tsangamwe – Former International Player & Professional Coach
- Brad Rowe – National Coach Andrew Stewart – National Coach
Sports Report 2019
WBHS Facebook WBHS Instagram WBHS DigiTV
WBHS is a world-class South African educational institution that prepares its students for a rapidly changing global environment #inceptonedesistam